As of September 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE. REOPENING PROCEDURE.
Firstly we would like to thankyou for all your support, in a very uncertain time for everyone having such loyal members has meant that we have been able to survive a shutdown of our amazing facility and look forward to coming back strong!
We want to show you how much your support has meant, so as a thankyou – all members who have stayed with us or rejoin within the first month of us reopening will get membership “Price for Life” – so as long as your membership is active you will NEVER be subject to a price increase, the price you are paying now, is the price you will pay for as long as you remain a member, even if we have to put up prices for other members – yours will not increase.
We wanted to let you all know what we have been doing whilst closed and the plans for the reopening.
We have set up a gym session booking system so you are able to pre book gym sessions in exactly the same way you do classes. We have never yet reached the capacity that we are having to set, so you will still be able to come to the gym without booking – if we get to the point where were are nearing capacity we will alert people via our website and social media so you can call before visiting.
- The hand washing station has remained outside the building to allow all members to wash their hands before entering the building
- Reception has had Perspex screens installed
- Floor markings to show distancing for queues have been installed.
- Extra hand sanitiser stations installed
- Entry to the gym will be the same as always, however members will be asked to leave the gym via the left stair case, so there is one way traffic on the stairs.
- There will be a one way system in the gym to encourage people not to cross paths whilst using equipment.
- When we first reopen, there will be no changing or shower facilities available, changing rooms will be closed.
- We ask for you to come to the gym “ready” for your workout. Please bring your own water and as few belongings as you can – there will be no locker facilities available.
- Toilets will be open and will be cleaned on a regular basis.
- The spray and wipe system we have for members to clean down machines and equipment has been replaced by single use gym wipes, please be extra vigilant about cleaning down areas you have used before using the next piece of equipment.
- We have ensured that our kit is well spaced to allow maximum usage whilst keeping a safe distance, you may notice that access to free weights areas is slightly reduced – we ask members to be aware of each other and use these areas for reasonable lengths of time.
- Opening times will be slightly reduced – we will close at 9pm weekdays and 5pm weekends to allow a deep clean of all areas before reopening to members the following day.
- Classes will take place in the Dance Studio from Monday 14th September therefore numbers will be limited for the time being, therefore we recommend pre-booking - this can be done up to a week in advance.
- There will be a one way system in and out of classes. You will enter via the door at the back of the dance studio and leave by the usual entrance.
- Class timetable will be slightly different, to allow 15 minutes between classes to reduce the cross over of members and allow time for area to be cleaned before the next class
- Gym wipes have been installed for members to clean down kit
- More Hand sanitiser dispensers have been installed
- We ask that you arrive for classes no more that 5 minutes before the start time.
- All payments were frozen from 20th March.
- DD payments will restart automatically, unless you cancelled your membership, in which case you will have to pop in and do new paperwork – no joining fee and don’t forget our amazing “price for life” offer.
- For annual memberships the time you have missed will automatically be added to your membership giving you a new expiry date.
We hope you are all as excited about coming back as we are about seeing you, although some of the processes are a little different The Arena remains the same as we always have and will be ready and waiting for you when we reopen!
Temporary Timetable for Covid-19
This will be implemented for as long as necessary, to ensure cleaning time in between classes.
Classes can be booked as normal.
Arena Sports Centre Brochure 2019
* Fixture on 15th March 2020 will be cancelled due to Basketball England suspending all activity during the Coronavirus outbreak *
Arena Sports Centre are extremely proud to sponsor:
Monday - Friday 6.30 - 22:00
Saturday - Sunday: 8.30 - 18:00
Due to COVID-19 we will be stopping our parties until further notice. To all those with parties booked we will be in contact to issue refunds.