Responsibility for data protection
The data controller for personal information held by the Arena is RCAL. RCAL is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The registration number is 00044535754.
The Company Secretary, Steve Whiffen, is responsible for ensuring that RCAL complies with the Data Protection Law. He can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01832 864538.
Simon Burton is responsible for ensuring that the Arena complies with ULT’s policies and procedures in relation to Data Protection. They can be contacted on Simon.Burton@theregisschool.co.uk or 01243 870000.
The purposes for which we process personal data
The Arena and RCAL collect, create and hold personal information relating to our members. We use this personal data to:
- To safeguard members’ welfare and provide appropriate (and where necessary, medical) care.
- To confirm the identity of members and membership information and appropriate additional details relating to that membership.
- To make use of photographic images of members, in accordance with the ULT’s policy on taking, storing and using images.
- To create invoices and process payments for services etc.
- For security purposes, and for regulatory and legal purposes (for example child protection and health and safety) and to comply with its legal obligations.
- To keep you updated about the activities of the Arena Sports Centre including by sending updates, letters and newsletters by email and post.
- Your opinion is very important to us, so we may send you an email or SMS to seek your feedback. We will use the communications you exchange with us and the feedback you may provide in order to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and experiences for customers.
The categories of personal data held about members
The types of personal data processed by the sports centre will include:
Your name and surname and your contact details (email address, telephone number and postal address)
When you purchase a membership, when you subscribe to our newsletters or when you choose to use our free wi-fi services.
Information about your bookings including the date, time and (if applicable) the name of your class/course
When you book.
Information about your health, if you have a medical condition that we need to know about in order to provide your exercise regime.
In the course of providing services to you, we may collect information that could reveal your racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health, religious beliefs or alleged commission or conviction of criminal offences. Such information is considered “sensitive personal data” under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws. We only collect this information where you have given your explicit consent, it is necessary, or you have deliberately made it public.
Information about other people in your booking, and the age range of any children included (e.g. swimming lessons).
When you make a booking on behalf of other people including children.
Information about your transaction, including your payment card details and/or bank details for direct debit transactions.
When you purchase products or services from us using payment cards or direct debits.
The communications you exchange with us(for example, your emails, letters, calls, or your messages on our social media channels).
When you contact the Arena or you are contacted by the Arena.
Your posts and messages on social mediadirected to the Arena.
When you interact with us on social media.
When you reply to our requests for feedback or participate in our customer surveys.
Information about how you use our websitesuch as your searches for centres, page views etc.
When you navigate on our website.
Information that relates to your Arena membership(s).
When you obtain, renew or cancel your Freedom Leisure memberships.
Images captured by the Academy’s CCTV system (in accordance with RCAL’s policy on taking, storing and using images).
Data retention periods
- Data such as registers, enrolment forms, applications and membership information will be retained for 6 years.
- Information relating to financial transactions will be kept for 7 years.
- For further information on how long we keep personal data for please refer to our records retention schedule which can be found https://www.theregisschool.co.uk/
ULT has in place technical and organisational measures that ensure a level of security appropriate to the sensitive nature of the personal data that we process. For further information regarding how we keep personal data secure please refer to our security of personal data policy.
Sharing data with third parties (other data controllers)
We do not share data with third party or other data controllers.
Rights of the data subject
Data protection legislation gives individuals certain rights which are detailed below. If you wish to exercise these rights please contact Simon Burton (Arena Sports Centre Manager).
Right of access to personal data “subject access request”
You have the right to access the personal data that the Arena holds about you. Requests need to be made in writing. If your child is over the age of 12 they will also need to sign the request. We take the security of personal data seriously so we may ask you for proof of identity to verify that you are entitled to the information requested.
Right to withdraw consent
Where we have obtained your consent to specific processing activities you may withdraw this consent at any time.
Right to rectification
You have the right to have the personal data that we hold about you rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will respond to such requests within one month.
Right to erasure
You have the right to have personal data erased in certain specific circumstances. If you make such a request we will consider whether the right to erasure applies and give you a full and reasoned response.
Right to restrict processing
In certain circumstances you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data. If you make such a request we will consider whether the right to restrict processing applies and give you a full and reasoned response.
For further information regarding your rights please refer to our rights of the data subject policy.
If you disagree with a decision that we have taken regarding the processing of your personal data please contact ULT’s Company Secretary, Steve Whiffen, on 01832 864538 or email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.